Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The "Act of Kindness Project"--Who Could You Become?

A new question is at hand: What could you become by implementing random kindness into your life?


I have decided to attempt a project. This project is widely known, but rarely seen, and so I have decided to try the project and show you what could happen.



The project works in three easy steps:


1. Pick one person every day. Pick anyone you want. It could be a friend or a stranger or a mentor. When you are ready, you may even choose an enemy.

2. Take five minutes to ponder that person. What do they like? Dislike? What is going on in their life that you are particularly aware of?
(If you choose a stranger, think of that person as being a version of yourself. What would YOU like or dislike?)

3.Pick a random act of kindness to give to them at some point in that day, relating to what you thought about in number two. 

Rule: It must be implemented THAT DAY. One person=one act of kindness. Each day is a new person and new act. 


Why do this?

Being a camp counselor taught me that the secret to joy in this life is putting others before yourself. In this life, what you receive from others mirrors exactly what you give of yourself. So, how much growth could happen to one person's joy if they allowed themselves to give randomly to a new person every single day? Hmm...:)

Remember: This is not about bragging rights.

This isn't something you talk about. Okay, I might be talking about it but I'm speaking of it strictly for blogging purposes. 
But this isn't about saying "Oh yeah, I totally payed for your coffee today" or "I'm gonna do the dishes now because I'm trying to be nicer". 
We're not trying to get attention or glory. We are trying to experiment on how being kind to others makes us feel about ourselves. 


"Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy."


I will keep you updated on my experience with this project. <3

Get out there and try!

Love always, Hannah







1 comment:

  1. I Love this idea! I myself find this very important, people sometimes forget to be nice to others because everyone has such a hard exterior now a days. Being nice to others should be a priority :)

    ReplyDelete