Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Who is God in the Midst of Tragedy?


How can we seek comfort in tragic times?

"But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I called to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears." (2 Samuel 22:7)

The Lord God is close to the brokenhearted and those crushed in spirit (Psalm 34:18). He is our refuge in times of trouble (Psalm 59:16)

When our hearts are troubled, we MUST seek the Lord. When we give our anxious hearts to God, we gain peace. The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:6-7:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ". 

Who is God in the midst of tragedy?

Our Comforter: 

"..God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction..." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

Our Overcomer:

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33)

Our Guide: 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Our Strength: 

"Do not panic. I am with you. There is no need for fear for I am your God. I will give you strength. I will help you. I will hold you steady and keep a firm grip on you." (Isaiah 41:10 The Message)

Our Protector: 

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7)

Unchanging: 

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)


In times of trouble, it is so good to know how great our God is. In Him, the pain of today will pass. 



RIP Katie. You will never be forgotten, sweet girl.  

Love Always, 

Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment