Hello all! Today I would like to tell you about a very special event that took place here in Jacksonville this past Saturday (the 25th) called Paws for a Cause. Goodness, where do I begin?...First, let me introduce you to Megan. There is so much to say about sweet Megan. Shortly after losing her mom to cancer, she was diagnosed with it herself. She was a WILD child with a bit of a mouth on her...She was never afraid to say what was on her mind. She loved doggies with a passion and possessed some very impressive guitar-shredding skills on Guitar Hero. Most importantly, she had unfaltering faith in God, and inspired everyone she met to put faith in Him and love Him unconditionally. But to me, she was a true friend. God called her home in 2009, and I remember the pain like it happened yesterday.
![]() |
| This is Megan (Meggo, as I called her) and she loved dogs very much. |
![]() |
| Owners line their dogs up to receive their complementary dog bandanna, participant number, and baggies for...you know...doggy business |
![]() |
| Proud owners show off their puppy's tricks! |
![]() |
| Not to mention the precious costume contest.... |
After judging tricks/costumes and a nice nature walk, the owners gather for lunch time (the dogs ALSO show off their begging skills...) and a chance to win a raffle prizes.
2015 Paws for a Cause raised over $2,000 for Relay for Life and I couldn't be more proud of the turn out. Not only am I proud to have known Megan and been a part of her life, but I am proud to live in a community that supports the fight against cancer.
Just another reason I am in love with Lil' ol' Jacksonville.
Oh, did I mention Lucy won first place in the tricks contest?!?! She was only a little stage fright...
If you would like to participate in Paws for a Cause next year and/or help raise money, go ahead and start by liking our Facebook page by clicking here!
That's all for today, readers :)
Please share/subscribe and have a blessed day!
Love always. Hannah





No comments:
Post a Comment